So much of Digital Marketing and Search Engine Optimization is about making sure customers find your website.
Social media. Blogging. Keywords.
All to get you to the top of the search engine results.
But after all the effort you put into attracting people to your online marketplace does your website help you complete the sale, or does it leave visitors frustrated and confused?
If you want to make money online, your website needs to help your customer help themselves.
Tips to Turn Your Website from Stale to Sterling
Whether your website is meant to supplement your brick and mortar location or is the main source of your income, once customers reach it, your website should help you seal the deal.
Our friends at Orbit Media Solutions provide 15 suggestions to make your website more customer-friendly, but we think following at even these six tips can help you increase sales. Because, why a website if it doesn’t help you make money online?
- Tell what your business is about – a mission statement tells your visitors what you do and why you do it so customers know what they can expect from your business.
- Use clear navigation language – your navigation tabs should help your customers find the pages of your website that they want to visit. Avoid buzzwords and jargon that only mean something to you and your staff.
- Have calls to action – part of your navigation should be buttons that say things like Shop, Search, and Make a Payment. Use action verbs to tell customers what you want them to do.
- Be mobile friendly – we recently shared that as many as 60 percent of all Google searches were done on some type of mobile device. People browse and buy with their tablets and smartphones, so your website needs to be mobile compatible.
- No dead ends – every page of your website should have at least one call to action button that takes visitors to other pages of your site. You want to keep things moving.
- Say ‘Thanks’ – let your visitors know you appreciate their business. Taking visitors to a Thank You page after they make a purchase also gives you an opportunity to have them sign up for your newsletter, coupons, or blogs. Besides, didn’t your mother teach you to say ‘Thank you?’
Your Website Is a Showcase for Your Business
Just like you want visitors to your home or business to leave with a positive impression, so should visitors to your website. Because in addition to making a purchase, you want your online visitors to come back.
Having a website with clear instructions, easy navigation, mobile compatibility, and that makes visitors feel appreciated can be an important factor in growing your business and making money online. But is this something you can do yourself?
If the idea or revising your website or embarking on a redesign project fills you with dread, you should know that your friends at eBurns Marketing Group have the talent and expertise to make this a painless investment. It also doesn’t have to break the bank.
Pay us a visit to see what options are available, and if you would like to see some of the work we have already done tale a look at the Burlington Connecticut Chamber of Commerce website. We think you will like what you see.