We’ve all heard the adage: If you fail to plan, then plan to fail.
This is especially true when it comes to a Content Marketing Strategy.
You can’t just load your web pages, blogs, and social media posts with keywords and expect the world to beat a path to your door.
We know you want to stay in business for a long time, so let’s plan a balanced Marketing Strategy that will increase your Search Engine Optimization for continued success.
Content Marketing Strategy Takes Time & Effort
When you review the books for your business, it’s easy to track things like sales, inventory purchases, and employee salaries. However, if you are expecting to see a one for one straight line from your Content Marketing efforts to immediately increased sales, you will be disappointed.
Convince & Convert contributor Ben Plomion says too many marketers expect a direct return on investment from their content efforts. While blogs and social media may generate leads by directing visitors to your website, it doesn’t guarantee they will follow through by making purchases.
Brand Perception = Brand Reality
It is easy to set the wrong goals or to lose focus when creating our content because we sometimes forget that what is created has the ability to shape people’s perception of our brand directly impacting the services and/or products we are promoting.
A survey by the image advertiser GumGum found that more than 75 percent of consumers admit to reviewing a prospective company’s content before making a purchasing decision (the same study noted that 33% will look at 5 or more pieces of content to arrive at that decision).
Those that don’t produce quality content are seen as “slimy,” “dated,” and “out of touch” with their customer base.
I’ve also told you that the great search engine GoYaBi analyzes content with algorithms that determine how high your company ranks in online searches.
Another important benefit is you get to establish your brand credibility and your expertise (i.e. a thought-leader). People who want to know more about the topics you cover will see you as a trusted source and become loyal to your brand.
You need to decide how you want prospective customers and others to see your company and what long-term steps you will take to develop your brand.
You Get to Decide How Your Customers See Your Company
It’s not just eBurns Marketing Group’s position that you need to do this, Entrepreneur shares five specific reasons why you need a Content Marketing Strategy right now:
- Cohesiveness – Heard of a “Jack-of-all-trades?” The rest of that description is “Master-of-none.” Facebook, LinkedIn, blogs and web pages should have a consistent theme and cover the same topics.
- Brand Identity – Jeff Bezos once said, “Your brand is what people say about you when you’re not in the room.” It’s more than your logo. It’s what people think about you.
- Content Marketing Productivity – Establishing a formal strategy will determine how often you need to produce blogs and posts.
- Analyze Patterns – As you recognize industry trends and learn what resonates with your audience, you will refine your strategy to be more effective.
- Maximum ROI – We’ve told you achieving SEO takes time, but producing quality content can put a small company on par with a much larger competitor. A well thought-out, comprehensive strategy almost guarantees success.
eBurns Marketing Group Can Help
We suspect that you probably have a good grasp on the need to do something when it comes to your Content Creation and that you (or assigned staff) may be devoting many hours to being consistent and relevant.
But, do you know what an hour of your time is worth (or that of your employees)? In many cases, leveraging our expertise to develop and deliver a comprehensive Content Marketing Strategy can and will lead to the digital marketing success you desire.
Even if you do have the time, is doing it yourself or paying one of your employees to do it the best use of your time and money?
eBurns Marketing Group has the talent, expertise, and time to help you create, implement and manage a personalized Content Marketing Strategy.
Contact us to learn more about the services we offer and how we can help you “Solve. Involve. Evolve.” with your Digital Marketing Strategy.