The longevity of Email Marketing is a testament to its success and the low cost means that just about any business, no matter how small, can use it to grow the customer base by finding them where they are at…their email address!
After last week’s post, we hope you are ready to make a true commitment to doing what it takes to make Email Marketing work for your company.
We gave you a lot of tips that can help achieve a decent ROI, but there are even more that can help make your efforts even more rewarding.
Just because customers and prospects are quite used to doing business through their email address and it seems a “normal” way of doing business these days, that does not mean changes no longer happen.
The way people use technology and receive their emails is always changing, so your content and methods need to Evolve to stay fresh and relevant.
Design + Track + Test + Update = Email Address Success!
Last week, our experts told CIO about tips mostly geared toward content. This week we deal with some of the technical advances like tracking and segmentation can help you get more ROI from your Email Marketing efforts.
- Design your pre-header for mobile – Yes, we are focusing in on mobile again because, as we shared, in many instances a mobile device is the only way some people access the internet. Viewing on a smaller screen means your pre-header is critical to getting viewers to click through.
- Be a tease – your email content should not tell the reader absolutely everything. Last week’s post shared that needing more than five seconds to look at an email can cause people to lose interest. Be short and draw in your reader so they want to learn more. You achieve that and they will be linking over to your website so they can learn more.
- It’s about time – do you know when your customers go online? If you can determine the time of day when your customer is active online, sending emails during that time may be more successful. This may take some time as you go over your campaign results data.
- Cater to customer preferences – subscribers are more likely to view your emails favorably if they can control the frequency and types of content they want to receive. Their email address is a busy area, so the more control they have gives your message a better chance of being received.
- Keep track – there now exist codes you can embed in your emails to track post clicks. The best news is if you use an Email Service Provider (ESP) like Constant Contact, this is built into the platform. This data helps you get to know your readers and how they want their email address to be treated!
- Test (again and again) – our expert recommends testing different content and design with users, but we know from experience that it is also vital to test all features of your email before you send it. Use tools like spell-check, but don’t rely on them. Having a human proofreader is important, because typos and broken links make you look unprofessional.
- Update your lists – over the course of your business, subscribers will come and go, so you need to stay on top of your contact lists. Sending emails to a bad email address or to an inactive customer is a wasted opportunity…not to mention many ESPs charge by the size of your list! You get lower Open Rates, lower click-through rates and, ultimately, less success for your Call to Action. Take advantage of segmenting your contact lists properly and the increased reader interest will improve your ROI.
We’re Here to Help You Succeed
As you can see, there is a lot that goes into successful Email Marketing, but the results are certainly worth the effort.
However, if the task seems daunting or you would like the peace of mind that comes from hiring a professional to manage your Digital Marketing, know that eBurns Marketing Group has the skills and resources to help you get the ROI you want.
We are a Constant Contact Certified Solution Provider and are dedicated to helping businesses find Ethical Solutions to get Desired Results.
Contact us today to learn more about what we can do for your business. We look forward to helping you “Solve. Involve. Evolve.”!