As the late and great comedian Joan Rivers used to say, “Can we talk?”
I want to actually focus in on the age old question, actually.
That would be the question “Why?”
As River Song says to the Doctor, “Spoilers”, so if you want to know how powerful “Why” is, keep reading.
The Definition of Insanity
I am asked often by friends, family and colleagues “how’s business”. As any other business owner, I am excited about the capacity and expertise my team brings to the table and I am not satisfied that my “Solve. Involve. Evolve.” message is not believed if not heard.
As I told a few inquirers last week, “I have not only brought the horse to water but I have dunked it’s head in it…and still it won’t drink”.
Now, that is part frustration because I know we have top of the line resources for strategy, design, execution and results…but, it’s not being utilized as much as it should be.
Believe me, I have heard it’s a numbers game, but the side of my brain that feels empathy and caring really wants to start helping other business owners succeed.
But, it doesn’t matter what my brain thinks…it’s all about your brain. So, I ask “Why are you doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result?”
I believe we all know what that is the definition of!
Do you Really Want to Do it All? Why?
Here are some questions to think about:
- Why is it so hard to give up control to maximize your company results?
- Why do you understand there is a need, yet don’t act on it?
- Your time is valuable and you always say you need more of it to be successful. Why don’t you bring in an expert to free you up?
- Why is doing a blog or newsletter by yourself more efficient than your critical revenue generating duties?
- Why do you think you can squeeze more tasks in without suffering from opportunity cost and mental fatigue?
- Why not take advantage of expertise without adding to staff and benefits, freeing up your time and getting results more efficiently?
There’s many more, but I wonder why people say one thing and do another quite often. That’s not how I personally operate and it’s part of my company culture as well…how about yours?
So, I’ll leave you with this: If you know you need to do something different to develop, implement and grow a successful digital marketing strategy, then stop being paralyzed by the “Why?” questions.
Take action, learn how to move your website, your content creation (blogs to newsletters) and your social actions strategically forward.
I know making “that” connection is earned, but I believe eBurns Marketing Group can be the team to earn your trust and build a great relationship for the long-term.
I strive to get better at overcoming the “Why?” questions on my end and maybe this will help. Maybe it won’t.
But, I didn’t want to ask myself “Why didn’t I do this” a few months from now. I value professionals who don’t want to ask that question either…Why wouldn’t I?
Why not Call? It May Work!